[CENTER]How to run a website on your own computer
What you'll need
- Apache Web Server (httpd.apache.org)
- PHP (php.net) (though you can use some other scripting language if you want)
- A dyndns.com account
- (optional) a dyndns compatible router
1. Install Apache, all the defaults should be fine.
2. Unzip PHP to C:\PHP
3. add this line to the end of C:\[where you installed apache]\conf\httpd.conf
#For PHP 5
ScriptAlias /php/ "c:/php/"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php-cgi.exe"
4. Restart your computer and type `localhost' into a web browser. If you come up with the default Apache page, that worked.
5. Put this php script into [where you installed apache]\htdocs\test.php
echo "w00t it works";
Type localhost/test.php into a web browser. If you see `w00t it works' then you're fine.
6. Open up your router's control panel, and find something like "Port Forwarding" or "Virtual Servers".
7. Add an entry forwarding port 80 (TCP) to your computer.
8. Get a dyndns.org account if you dont already have one.
9. My Services->My Hosts->Dynamic DNS->Add Host. Select a domain and subdomain to use. IP address should already be filled in for you. Click Add Host.
10. Go to your new address, if it doesnt work, you did something wrong.
if you have a DynDNS compatible router ( most are )
1. Go to your router control panel. and then to Dynamic DNS (should be somewhere in there).
2. fill in the stuff.No reason for this to be locked -Doodle77
It auto-locked due to inactivity. //Syphon