- Apocalypse -
The world as we know it is coming to an end. Zombies and demons are rampaging across the countryside, plagues and phamon have swept the globe and many, many people are losing their lives as humanity unites in a final desperate attempt to stave off their destiny...
I originally started working on this map for the December mapping contest, but gave up on entering after I realized the map dimensions were too big. This is going to be a very large project, with a ton of missions and plenty of battles, upgrades and whatever else you would find in your average RPG. This map mixes a lot of different map genres together, including Siege, RPG, and possibly Bound later on.
[progress]60[/progress] - Terrain
[progress]45[/progress] - Unit placement
[progress]40[/progress] - Triggers
• 1-5 players - Map tileset
• Badlands - Map size
• 192x192 - Genre
• RPG, Siege & Bound.
- Player Interface
Players start off inside a makeshift militia outpost in the center of the map. From there, they will travel all over the map on various rescue missions and other miscellaneous missions which they will be sent on. At the start of each mission, they will be given a countdown timer telling them when the next attack on the oupost will come, so they have to complete the mission and be back to the outpost quickly, or everyone dies. Each mission, after completion, will unlock new building, upgrade and weapon options. After the last mission there will be a long siege as a group of priests join the group and attempt to rid the planet of it's peril. - What's new in your map that others have not done before?
• My custom siege system that uses wall traps in the place of ramps. Once the enemies kill a trap on a section of wall, a hole opens in the wall which they can get through and get inside (breaking through the wall).
• Alot of useable allied buildings that are activated by just walking up to them with a unit.
• You will be able to hijack civilian vehicles with a cool trigger system I came up with.
• The number of starting units is based on the number of people playing.
- Useable units
• "AK-47"(Marine), "Propane Torch"(Firebat), "Shotgun"(Ghost), "Power Armor"(Goliath), "Convict"(Dark Templar), "Tank/Artillery"(Siege Tank), "Motorcycle"(Vulture), "Armored Van"(Duke Siege Tank), "Priest"(High Templar), "Tool Box"(SCV) and many more to come. - Items
• No real items are planned so far, but you will be able to get in any "Armored Van"s and "Motorcycles" you find sitting on the streets and use them. - Enemies
• "Dead Dog"(Zergling), "Mutant Rat"(Broodling), "Random Zombie"(Infested Kerrigan), "Black Knight"(Zealot), "???"(Archon). These are the ones I'm using up to the first mission, many more will come as I get further.
Screenshots / Demo
Some pictures of my siege system and Zombies attacking:
The prison (inside and outside):
The airport and mall (outside):
An extended hill thing that I did:
Inside a civilian house:
Alot of the terrain is complements to ShadowRune(U), and a lot of people have already contributed in various ways:
This is going to be great when I finish it, I'm just gonna say "Watch the hell out, Panzer." More coming soon...
Made mostly with Production Template